Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Different faces, the same hearts.

10 am: I enter the seminar room in college and I see shocked faces because the girl typing this post right here isn't someone you will see in college that often. I smiled as I spotted few of my classmates sitting somewhere in the middle. Well, who will sit in the last row when college decides to screen 'The Danish Girl'. Before I could find a place to sit, I hear a whole lot of North-Eastern girls screaming- Prernaaaaaaaa! I look back and say hello to all of them. 
Sylvia: This is for you.
Me: What is it?
Sylvia: See it yourself. 
The moment I opened the white packet I had tears in my eyes. It was a pair of 'almost bangle like silver hoops' If you've read this post http://goo.gl/hiA1In then you'll know what I am talking about. Though mine were golden but the silver one's given by her are precious and beautiful.
I was speechless, touched and was going through a lot of emotions at that particular moment. I don't remember the last time I was so overwhelmed. 
10:30: The movie has begun and I am least interested in it. I am still thinking about the sweet gesture. Suddenly I start thinking about all these girls. All these girls who come from North-east. We all know how beautiful they are. In fact, they've got the best skin EVER! It's tight, it's clear, and it glows like it's no body's business. And can we please take a moment to appreciate how well they dress? The fashion industry is going crazy over the print on print trend and I believe the girls from North -East were the inspiration behind it. They are in fact, one of those few girls in India who are 'fashionable' and 'stylish' at the same time.  Everything they wear looks incredible on them and they  embrace it so well. If I tried to copy them I would definitely have Anjali's moment( remember this scene from  kuch kuch hota hai

For some people they might be just another bunch of happy girls but for me they  are 'brave'. We all know  how unsafe Delhi is. We all have heard of different stories of how people from 'The Seven Sister States' are judged by some vacuous and empty-headed people of the society. Yet their parents send them to get education in the big bad world of Delhi. It takes guts to come and live in a place  you know might not treat you well. You know you have no option but to be brave. I don't think I would have ever been able to do that.
1 pm: Everybody is walking out while I wait for Sylvia to give her a hug and tell her how much I love her. 
Me: This is going to be my priced possession for life. Thank you so much. I love you :) 
Sylvia: Aww. I love you and I have been in love with your blogs lately. 
Me: Do come to college tomorrow I want  nice pictures with all of you for the blog. 
While others were busy watching the movie I was busy thinking about what all I can write about these beauties who make  me happy. Honestly, I ran out words. 
Every time I go to college I know it's Udangshree when I hear some say ''oo meri kareena''. Every time I see someone dressed to T, I know it's no one but Shelly. Every time I see Ungtharin I know I have to annoy her by  reminding  how she  resembles one of my Malaysian friend's. Every time I hear a voice in class I know it's Irene asking Ma'am a question. A North-eastern girl with curly hair? Well, that's Joshi for you. And every time I hear someone use cuss words with my name, I know it's Sylvia. Yes, she does that. She uses all of it. All those words you use while you drive, drink and get dumped! She uses all of it against me and ironically, I was the teacher! 
Here is a short note from my side to all the bold and beautiful girls and of course, to Sylvia. It's because of her that I have regained my 'the girl with almost bangle like hoops' status! 
                                                                 (that's the beautiful gang)
   '' You're beauty lies in your bravery. You might come from the land of Mary Kom but you are the real fighters for you fight outside the ring. Stay beautiful, stay strong, stay fashionable and lend me some clothes!''
                                                                  That's me and my girl. 
                                                 P.S. Sylvia, I recently lost a Cartier ring!


                                                       'the girl with almost bangle like silver hoops'


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! Its absolutely adorable and heart warming! These girls really are a gem ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post! Its absolutely adorable and heart warming! These girls really are a gem ^_^

    ReplyDelete