Thursday, 19 December 2013

Are We Modern?

CASE 1- ‘’I send my daughter to night clubs, I allow her to wear micro mini dresses, she is a chain smoker and I allow her to drink and all her friends find me very cool and I love it when they say we wish our mother was as MODERN as you are. She is eighteen and my son who is a year younger to her enjoys the same lifestyle as his sister. I don’t differentiate between the two of them. I recently caught my son dating a girl from a different religion and that is when I planned to punish him’’.
CASE 2- ‘’my daughter well, she is a lesbian I do feel scared as to how will she manage her living in a country like India where people like her are hated and laws are implemented to kill them. But I am totally with her and I support her in every way I can. My daughter is twenty two an age where fathers in India start hunting for son-in-laws.  I wish I could do that too but I cannot force my daughter. I am extremely proud of her and she is much ahead in her life financially as compared to a lot of people at her age and her happiness and well being Is all that matters. I have another daughter who got married last year to a Muslim man. It was her choice, the guy was financially very good and yes he is a good human being as well. People from my family did not attend the wedding because inter-religion marriages are still a myth. I had a word with a lot of people from my family but nobody was ready to listen. I explained to them that all this is stereotypical and we cannot judge a person because of her/his community. It was a fight that took place decades back and I don’t want to sacrifice my daughter’s happiness. And it’s not that I did not go ahead and find out every detail about the man my daughter wanted to get married to but I have met him personally a lot of times and have known him for four years. I am sure that my daughter is in safe hands. People call me immoral and stupid but I proudly call myself MODERN’’.

Now that you have read the two cases mentioned above according to you which parent is more modern? Well I think the second case is totally what the parents of modern India should be like. Clubbing, wearing short dresses is totally in the hands of an individual. Drinking, smoking etc. are things that just ruin you from within and parents encouraging their children to do so are not modern. She allows her children to party around but the moment she realizes that her son is dating a girl from some other religion she decides to punish him. Now that is not what I call being modern.
Your thinking and outlook is what determines how modern you are.
We call ourselves citizens of a modern country well what has made our country, India modern?  The several rape cases that we read about in the newspaper where from a new born baby to a seventy year old lady is not spared but raped or the recent implementation of the section 377, corruption, ragging, begging, child marriage to add to the never ending list of the not so modern and immoral country. Immoral? Yes, that is how I would express India. People say we should be proud of our country well except for roadways, highways and technology brought from other nations what has our country done for us? Well, according to me nothing. I still feel scared to step out of my house no matter what the time is, the number of beggars on streets have been increasing, seven years imprisonment for the rapists and a lifetime for the LGBT clan and we proudly call ourselves modern and advanced BULLSHIT!!!!.
The day the rapes, corruption, child marriages, honor killings, begging, come to an end. Well that will be the day when I will call myself a proud and happy citizen of MODERN INDIA.

DON’T DIFFERENIATE WE ALL ARE THE SAME. THE COLOR OF MY BLOOD YOUR BLOOD IS RED WE WERE ALL BORN FROM OUR MOTHER’S WOMB NONE OF US WAS DIGGED OUT FROM ANYWHERE. WE ALL HAVE TO DIE ONE DAY. SO LET’S MAKE A PROMISE TO LIVE PEACEFULLY AND DIE HAPPY AND ‘MODERN’.



No comments:

Post a Comment